Lol I Missed My Flight!

Manila Travel Blog

So it finally happened. I missed my flight by a mere 5 minutes. Five effin minutes. The long queue outside the airport was to blame. Of course I had to blame something else. Poor old me is never at fault.

However, I've been narrowly missing flights all my adult life, so I was not that surprised when it caught up on me. Like what they say, I had it coming - a long time ago. I took it all in stride. No dramatic, scene-stealing, hair-raising, attention-grabbing, heart-wrenching breakdown episode at the airport. No ambulance and police and getting-strapped-down-a-gurney involved. Instead, there was just me, trying to negotiate with the airline supervisor to let me check in to no avail, which inevitably turned into trying to wait for the next flight to Cebu as a chance passenger which, after 3 hours, turned out to be all in vain.

I had to stop trying at some point. My reputation as a lazyass was on the line, and who in their right mind would risk that much? So, I just went to the ticketing office and had my original flight (I refuse to use the term 'missed' because it's cheesy) re-scheduled for the following day, and re-routed to the next best thing, Tagbilaran. Then, I went home to sleep.

Damn, I'd miss Sinulog again. Maybe next year?

JeAr says:
hahaha! glad to know! :D
Posted on: Jan 21, 2009
oldschoolbill says:
Your reputation as a lazyass is still intact!
Posted on: Jan 21, 2009