I'm Alive - Let's Celebrate!

Boracay Travel Blog

The airline provided free shuttle service from Kalibo airport to Caticlan. Our bus got there at around 8 PM, then we took a 15-minute boat trip to Boracay Island. After that, another 15 minutes or so to our hostel, where Steph and Wayne are waiting.

There's a good group of backpackers at the hostel, and as soon as we're finished freshening up, we all head out to the beach for some well-deserved drinks! Our first stop was a laid-back bar with chairs right at the beach. We had a few rounds of really cheap cocktails (and some funny-looking fire dancers for entertainment) and got introduced to the rest of the group.

After the first bar, we decided to go dancing! So we went to this club called Summer Place at Station 3, and the dance floor was packed! We spent a few hours dancing the night away before the 4 us decided to move to another place where we could sit properly. We got to some random bar in Station 2, but exhaustion took over me (zero sleep since the previous night). So I bid the guys farewell and drunkenly found my way back to the hostel.

I didn't think I would say this after the horror of the flight, but I had an awesome first night in Boracay!

1,917 km (1,191 miles) traveled