AsiaJapanOsaka

Osaka sightseeing

Osaka Travel Blog

mm okonomiaki

We stayed with Tomoko's sister again when we were in Osaka. In the morning we went downtown to meet Tomoko's friend that lives in Osaka. We met him at a store and then we all went to lunch, we had Osaka style okonomiaki. It wasn't as good as Hiroshima style, in my opinion anyway. But it was still good. Her friend was so funny, he asked me if I had a boyfriend haha. The Japanese are big on asking people that I've found haha.

After that we headed to the big Osaka ferris wheel. It was really cool and not too expensive. There were some great views of Osaka from up there. It took about half an hour to go all the way around. After that we wandered around a mall for a bit. Japan has some intense clothes.

Then we took the train to the Osaka castle. It was huge! I love Japanese castles, they are so gorgeous and interesting looking. We walked around it but never actually went in. It was really sweet though. Then we headed to the Osaka tower. That area of town is so crazy! Theres so much to look at, its so interesting. I had a lot of fun there. We went to the top of the tower for some more views of the city. There were tons of statues of the Billiken(I think this is what its called), the god of things as they should be. If you rub its feet it gives you good luck.

After that we went back to Hiroko's apartment to get ready for Tokyo and Disneyland tomorrow! We packed little bags, I didn't bring my giant suitcase, that would have been a huge pain.

on the osaka wheel
near the osaka castle
near the osaka castle
heading to the osaka tower
heading to the osaka tower
rubbing the feet for good luck!
rubbing the feet for good luck!
the tower