Pohick Bay outside Washington DC

Pohick Travel Blog

What is worse than a sick kid?  How about 2 more sick kids?

While Charles felt much better, the girls were both feeling rotten.  We found our way to the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail station using the friendly campground's printed directions (after refilling propane) and it only took about 15 minutes.  We went up Interstate 95 and returned on wide city streets, the latter of which we thought was easier.

At the Franconia-Springfield (end of the blue line) station, they have free RV parking in an outside lot, although cars park in the pull-through spots.  Since the RV slots were full, we determined that we could fit into a regular metered spot in that outdoor lot.  This was critical to us because without a towed vehicle, we must find a place to park Ciao to be able to use the public transportation through DC.  Having RV parking spaces, as well as lower level parking garage spaces with 12'2" clearance (we're 10'1"), meant we could use that metro for our ventures into DC.

Charles and I went inside the metro station where nice people helped us learn how to buy the tickets and figure out the system.  It's easy enough.  One guy was so delighted to discuss RV's that I finally invited him out to admire Ciao.  It's fun to see the enthusiasm of someone who is just starting to realize what a terrific and amazing travel tool an RV can be!

Then, because the girls felt rotten, we returned to the campground, did some much-needed laundry, and chilled out.   I cancelled and rescheduled online our capital tour for Saturday.  The day flew by and we were glad for the time to slow down and breathe.

Jazy was sick throughout the night.  Lia seemed to fare better.  It was another long night, but I'd rather have them resting in the rig that getting sick on the metro!