capricorns and monte Caro

els Reguers Travel Blog

I got awake by the wind which could be heard very well on one side of the drybedded river. As some sort of precaution we took some branches to hide our backpacks and left them in the gap. Then we started our walk to monte care and passed numerous olive trees. If you count them you are truely crazy. First we went up the wrong mountain, quite obvious actually as there was no paved road or what so ever but I did see a capricorn at only 2 metres. We went back down because the underground was too rugged. We should have known as one farmer screamed to us in the far distance, he must have thought we were crazy. Aha we finally found some paved road which went up the mountain but the distance was kinda wide with alot of turns. There was only one car going up and it stopped right in front of our nose.

going down the mountain
It was a charming Spanish lady offering us a ride all the way up. Quite funny to see 4 guys in a little red Opel corsa that was in a struggle to get up.

Along the way she made a gesture with her fingers on both sides of her head and said 'capricuernes' and pointed to the statue that had been put up on the rocks. We bought her a drink in the café when we reached the top and we had a splendid view on all those olive tree fields.  When heading back we took an 'alternative' route down and went to the little village to buy some food and get some water. I also asked in the local café if there were any buses driving there tomorrow but I had a negative reply as tomorrow was Sunday and then there weren't any bus services. So we were going to be inventive once again to get back to Tortosa. We had a delicious meal in the gap and we still had some Cava we bought in Barca so it was a nice last evening in the gap. I bet some animals living there were thinking the same as we saw again some rumour in the bushes, also the first time I saw a bird of prey over there in the distance.  Goodnight!

els Reguers