another Gaudi masterpiece: Parc di Guell.

Barcelona Travel Blog

after the splendour of the Sagrada we thought we couldn't leave Barca without seeing more of the work by the most inventive architect ever Mr Gaudi.  So we headed to Parc Di Guell which is also a famous popular tourist attraction. First the train from the camping spot to Plaza Catalunya, then the subway that was the most near to Parc Di Guell. The park rises over Barcelona and you have to take alot of steps to reach it, think some of them were automatised. Again the view you had on Barca was excellent.

Parc di Guell consists of Gaudi-designed houses, resting spots and a huge crucifix was put up there as well. Palace di Guell is also located there and mosaics are to be seen everywhere,  a lizard statue covered with mosaics and some sort of fountain was the most beautiful.

Palau di Guell
When you are in the Palace do not forget to look up as you can see marvellous circle-formed mosaics. The palace is just astonishing and the architecture is really surreal. I loved this place! You can have a rest on the many sitting banks covered by mosaics as well.  I thought it was one of the most surreal places I had ever seen, that is to say places carved by human hands.

A nice little detail are the revolutionary words 'okupa y resiste' painted on the roof of some building ( maybe it was a squat?).  I already noticed Barca really is a modern city with young folks as well. Unfortunately I cannot compare with other Spanish cities as this was my first time in Spain. When we asked for alternative parties to the local youngsters they didn't seem to care but we didn't speak a word of Spanish and they probably didn't speak a word of English.

..One of the experiences we would still have later on during the trip so I would advise to learn a bit of basic Spanish in order to get in touch with the locals. In the evening we went to bar in Barri Gotic and one of my fellow travellers had quite some success with a Spanish gay dude. As a result he could drink for free the entire evening because he played along although he was straight as hell,  so funny! but he made sure the Spanish dude couldn't do a thing.  We also met some nice Norwegian and Danish people there and then returned to the camping spot.

Parc di Guell