Tarragona

Tarragona Travel Blog

monastery

A train took us to Tarragona after having passed Salou. I don't see why Salou is such a popular place. I only had a view of it from my train window but all I saw was appartment buildings, some palm trees and a lot of young people. I can presume the hot weather and hords of party makers are an exquisit sexy cocktail for quite some young folks but not for us as we thought it couldn't be more fake anymore.

we hopped off the train at Tarragona because the Lonely planet has told us there is an old castle here and some Roman remains as well as a monastery. It's a cosy city centre with a modern coastal boulevard and an old town as well  where the monastery and Roman remains are located. I liked this place way more than Cambrils. We also looked for the castle described in the lonely planet. The beach was very cosy so we decided to spend the night there but not that safe to do that with luggage because of possible robbers. No problem, one of us stayed awake for an hour and we switched. In the evening some local guy even offered us wodka and we had some nice talks in trying-to-speak Spanish and proper English, lol.

beach