Losing my driving license!

Vienna Travel Blog

Inside the Church

I got up fairly early and left for Austria, after eating McD's (yes i know its not in the spirt of things but its a, cheap, b, easy, and c, i no i'll get what i'll pay for, even if thats not great) I went and sat on the platform. I was speaking to an asian gentleman, suited, short and very well spoken, I had previously encountered him when i was purchasing my ticket, so we became discussing general travel tips n recent adventures. A few other people joined into our conversation and before long the whole platform where chatting, well i say the whole platform, i mean those who could speak English. I befriended a Canadian Travelling who was also backpacking around europe alone and ended up sitting with him on the way to Austria. We exchanged facebook accounts and decided we would meet up again in Vienna at some point in our trip.

City Scape
I wandered off to find my hostel, which was the hardest task none to god, as, may i say, the directions that were given were in fact a pile of shiit! However, the hostel it's self did make up for it (I promise I will do a review).

Next morning I woke up at a reasonable time and went to visit the Palace. I'll be honest when i say, its a s'een it, done it' moment, if you understand what I mean? I didn't really gain anything fro this nor would I have said its left me with any type of emotional feelings what-so-ever. I headed back to the city centre, where I then went to Sacha Hotel, to purchase the best chocolate in the world... and the most expensive too. I then wanderd off to the leopold museum, wher I handed in my Driving license in exchange for headphone, however, on my way out there was no one at the desk to serve me, so me being me, i stupidly just left the headphones behind on the desk and completely forgot to collect my driving license.

Me n Phillip, the guy i met on the train
.. its been almost 2 months now and i've still not had any joy in them returning it, not even an email back!

Anyways a met up with Martin or 'Martin_Austria' as his trav buddy name is. He showed me the sights, the markets and gave me a great guided tour, which was amazing of him, then afterward we went for this great traditional meal at the Orange Cafe.

Next Day I met up with Philip, we hung around and saw alot of sights which were great, went to the Freud Museum, went on the big wheel (may i just say its worth the money just for the views) and then we just wandered around for the rest of the day looking at shops and basically soaking it up.

The following morning I caught the train down to Hungary.

City Scape
Me n Phillip, the guy i met on the…
Me n Phillip, the guy i met on th…
Little church ceiling
Little church ceiling
City from the wheel
City from the wheel
Tower hall
Tower hall
Palace
Hand Painted, Pimped out!
Hand Painted, Pimped out!
Vienna Hotels & Accommodations review
Good Chain Hostel
The Location for this hostel is pretty poor if I'm honest with you, and the worst part is finding it as the directions are even worse than bad, or may… read entire review
Vienna