Sooooo Cold!

Krakow Travel Blog

Just before he spilt his drink all over me!

After flying from Sheffield... which was a nightmare in its self, you would have thought that after 'touch down' things would have quickly become easier. Well. No. We had booked for taxi transfers from the Airport to Krakow as our flight got in at about 12pm (or something stupid like that) and the airport we fly into was about a 2 hour drive from Krakow its self, so not good.

So anyway after bondy being pissed out of his tree, thrown a can and slipped on his arse in the snow, we got in a taxi which should have taken us to our hotel, well, it didn't. It dropped us in what we thought was the middle of no place and expecting us to get out.

'work will set you free'
Not likely. Thankfully there were a bunch of guys from 'op north how order (and over powered) the poor taxi driver to make him take us to our hostel, which we finally arrive at, at about 2am (probably even later).

Next morning, I work up at about 11am, showered and went for breakfast, bondy stayed in bed till about 1pm until I had to go and wake him up. It was rather convenient that he slept in his clothes, didn’t bring a change of clothes, not even a spare pair of boxers (which would have been handy for him seen as later on in the holiday he decided to inform me in the rest of Poland that not only did he not bring any 'spare' boxers, but in fact he wasn't even wearing a pair), nor did he bring a tooth brush, as that meant waiting time for him to be ready was rather short.

We bared the -13 degrees of snow.

Market Square

Me = Underwear, Thermal Trousers, Thermal Vest, T-Shirt, Jeans, Jumper, 2 pairs of socks, long coat, scarf, cloves, hat and wellies.

Bondy = No underwear, jeans, t-shirt, leather short jacket, 1 pair of sock (I think he may not even have had them) and brown shoes.

(Need I say anymore?)

After having to change my Euro's into Zlotys, as the cash machine would not let me draw my money out the wall, we walked up to the Glowny Square, we found the coach station (the same one that we were almost dropped off at in the first place which actually was only up the road from our hostel... eeek) and decided to get the bus to Autzwich. There are not many things to describe this experience other than Oh My God, but I will try.

WOW
Imagine there was no such thing as ‘Heath and Safety’ in the UK and imagine the HSE didn’t even exist, well your on the right track, then imagine that the bus, wasn’t a bus, but a transit van with windows, then imagine that instead of seats you have to stand for an hour, please stay with me on this, and then finally imagine that there is nothing to hold onto with about 30 people in the van, with again nothing to hold onto and more people getting in and final the snow is half way up your leg, this will give you some idea of what it was like. It was probably one of the most breath taking experiences of my life, but, for all the wrong reasons.

Finally we got to Autzwich and took a tour around for an hour or so. I have uploaded photos about this experience but won’t share them with you as I feel that what I felt was very personal to me and each person will experience something like this differently, all I would like to say about it, is I’m glad I went, but you should go yourself if you want to find out more.

The over night train for Krakow to Prague

After Autzwich we returned to Krakow and went out straight away, we grabbed something to eat in the great restaurant and then went straight out on the beer (me still in my wellies). We hung out in a few bars and pubs, met a few new people and generally had a great night and left at about 3am.  Got lost on the way back to the hostel but along the way Bond provided me with plenty of entertainment and must have slip on his arse at least a million times.

Sunday we got up and went to look around the shops, bondy brought a fluffy hat which was the best thing ever – I wish I had got one myself, and I got myself some more socks, as you can never have too many.  Then we said our good byes and parted ways.

I headed for the castle, which is worth going to see, I climbed the bell tower and had my breath taken for a second time, this time it was for all the right reasons. The view was amazing.

I headed back to the shopping mall where I spent the last of my Polish cash and then sat in the cold and waited for the overnight train to take me to Prague.

Just before he spilt his drink all…
Just before he spilt his drink al…
work will set you free
'work will set you free'
WOW
The over night train for Krakow to…
The over night train for Krakow t…
In the taxi... pissed
Inside the bell tower
The amazing view
The amazing view
Krakow Hostels review
Free Breakfast with a good location
The Orange Hostel is located in the old part of Krakow, not to far away from all the attractions, roughly a 5 minute walk. Its fairly priced and y… read entire review
Krakow