Visiting Chao Dai Temple and Cu Chi Tunnel

Cu Chi Travel Blog

Chao Dai temple

I took one day tour to Chao Dai Temple and Cu Chi Tunnel. It took about three hours van riding from HCMC to Chao Dai temple. However, after an hour driving from HCMC, we stopped by at a workshop for the disable that made several beautiful Vietnamese crafts. Then the journey continued to Chao Dai temple. I arrived at the right time when the second mass was about to start. So, I made my way to the second level of the temple and took some pictures when the Chao Dai believers worshiped God.  The temple was very beautiful and the religion itself is very interesting which is combination of Budhism, Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism with some Confucianism, Taoism, Shintoism and Ancestor worship thrown in for good measure.

After, we headed to Cu Chi Tunnel, a complex tunnel that was dug by revolutionaries during the war which was exciting. I went inside the tunnel and found it was extremely small even for a person like me! I bet the soldiers back then were really petite! I found it was thrilling yet scary to be inside the tunnel especially when a girl behind me got freaked out and started to screamed! Jeezz…

It is not recommended for claustrophobic people since the tunnel is very narrow, dark and stuffy. Uh oh, probably good to bring your flashlight inside or at least switch on your digital camera to get some lights since it’s very dark there!

JeAr says:
wow, first time i heard of the Chao Dai religion, wonder why i didn't hear of that before, and i consider myself a nerd! :D

so, is it on the way to Cu Chi? might drop by next time... and yeah, those effin tunnels are a pain in the ass! thank goodness my cellphone had a built-in flashlight, or else i would've bumped head-on with Hanie's butt lol :D
Posted on: Jan 15, 2009