Singapore Meet Up

Singapore Travel Blog

Renny and I

At last, the big day came. I flew to Singapore as my first pit stop of this leg. Najiah was very kind to open her house for me and let me stay there for a night. She picked me up at the bus shuttle near her house and served me a nice brunch with chicken rice, grilled chicken, soup and sambal. The food was great and my tummy was really happy :)

Afterwards, we made our way to the downtown area, but we went different directions. Najiah had to go to her Spanish class and I had an appointment with a TB friendRenny at MRT Hall. Renny is an Indonesian woman who works in Singapore. I had a great time with her not only because she was so kind to show me around the city, but also because we could speak our native tongue, Bahasa, in foreign country.

Haha!

Too bad Renny couldn’t come to the Singapore Cooking Meet Up at Winnie’s house, so I had to go there by myself. I was quite surprised that I was the first person there, and I wasn’t even part of the cooking crew! But I’m glad I came early because I had a chance to get to know Winnie and her cool son Dylan! Not too much time passed and Bri showed up and they decided to start cooking. I’m sorry, but I’m just not cut-out to be a cook, so, I had to excuse myself and ran away from the kitchen area and ended up playing Monopoly with Dylan in the living room! LAME! Since I was in the living room, suddenly I changed my role to be an usherette because I was the one who always opened the door and welcomed everyone to the Cooking Meet Up! Hahaha!

Around 7:30 PM when the food was ready and everyone had shown we started eating (that part I’m good at!).

One family!!
I had to give two thumbs UP for the cooking crews because they are really talented. I was so very thankful to Winnie, Bri, Siti, Flo, Malvin, Ronald and Mike who cooked great food with Love and Happiness :) But this meet up wouldn't be fun if the drinking and eating crew didn't come. So, thanks to Agustine,Najiah, Karen, Adrian, Richard, Chris, and Vanessa.

I felt a very warm sense of family chemistry that night. Everyone clicked really well with each other and we exchanged stories during the meal just like one big happy family :) A Photo session should never be crossed out from a Meet-Up agenda. So, we took some pictures after eating. I felt sorry for Agustine who was very tired that night and fell to sleep after the photo session was done! I have a video of him  sleeping and snoring! Hahaha! But I will keep it for myself!

Najiah and I decided to leave the meet up early since I had to catch my flight to Ho Chi Minh City the next morning. I thought I could sleep early. But well, it didn’t happen! Both of us were having a blast talking until the wee hours of the morning and I was only able to sleep for about 2-3 hours. But no regrets, it was WORTH it!

JeAr says:
excuses, excuses :D
rintjez says:
Naj: Thank you so much!

Jear: See..you should understand Naj! Haha!
najiah10 says:
heyheyhey. I'M STILL HERE, YOU KNOW??? She was leaving for the airport in the wee hours of the morning, Jear.. and i live near the airport! oh why can't you understand, Jear! :P
Bri is cooking!
Bri is cooking!
Well, Karen just posing! Shes lik…
Well, Karen just posing! She's li…
Yummy!
Yummy!
Wine from Agustine
Wine from Agustine
Chicken Curry by Siti
Chicken Curry by Siti
Flo cooked Sinigang :)
Flo cooked Sinigang :)
Malvin and his assistant, Dylan :)
Malvin and his assistant, Dylan :)
Eating crews!
Eating crews!
With Flo
With Flo
With Karen
With Karen
With Adrian and Ronald behind ;)
With Adrian and Ronald behind ;)
With siti
With siti
Agustine almost passed out!
Agustine almost passed out!