Being Apprehensive

Pekanbaru Travel Blog

I have thought to do solo backpacking around South East Asia for many, many months. Gathering information from some good TB friends, researching the internet and reading travel books were my TOP priority activities for the past few months as part of preparation for fulfilling this dream. At first I was very thrilled and confident about my plans. However, a bit before my departure my confidence faded and I was apprehensive. No, probably more than apprehensive, down right nervous about undertaking a solo trip to Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Kuala Lumpur.

Thanks to several good friends, I was convinced that I could handle such a trip, that I was an experienced traveler, that I had a knack of meeting new people while traveling, that I had a half-way decent head on my shoulders and that I should be prepared to have the best time of my life.  A little bit of apprehension is a good thing, but I found out that enjoying the Anticipation of a new experience is the best way to start any challenging trip!

rintjez says:
Hahaha... I thought so!!!!
Posted on: Jan 16, 2009
JeAr says:
yeah, we suck at traveling alone lolz :D
Posted on: Jan 15, 2009
rintjez says:
Jear: I thought it was only meeehh! I'm surprised that almost everyone felt the same way!!
Posted on: Jan 15, 2009