Last Day in Nassau

Nassau Travel Blog

Today was my last day in Nassau so we went to the straw market to shop a little before I leave. I bought a beautiful hand carved wood chime and some small things to take home. Shopping tips:

Go through a good portion of the straw market and compare prices before buying.
Suvineer shop directly across from the back entrance of the Ice cream shack has great prices on photo frames and totes
almost all t-shirts in any shop are 3 for $10 you might be able to bargin prices at the straw market
Barter (don't be afraide to try and talk prices down but also realized hand made goods take a lot of work.)
Remember USD and BSD are equal but cost of living is a bit high because a lot of things are imported.
Tortuga Rum cakes are great and have decent prices for small bottles of rum ($5.95) which is ok if you don't have much time on the island. My husband tells me you can bigger bottles else where but we were tight on time.
Carry small money with you seperate from your other cash
Body Beautiful  THE CHEAPEST PLACE TO BUY A SWIM SUIT.  Its less than 2 blocks from the dock any local could give you directions. It is on the 2nd floor of the building. I got a 3 piece swim suit for $20 usd and they are cute!

Lunch @ Senor Frogs We had lunch @ Senor frogs because it was near the dock and I was kinda tired. The deck is right over the water so its nice to eat out side. Prices: Kinda high for the type of food served (Americanized Mexican) not the greatest for the budget traveler but this is typical being right in the tourist area. The appitizers are large we had 6 large chicken quesidillas with all the extras & two sweet teas for $23 & we were stuffed.
Service: EXCELLENT!!! I have a bit of a limp and the guy greeting us helped me up the stairs in such a sweet manner not the pitty kind I some times run into.
Severs were all friendly and pleasent. Service was fast.
Food: Good

Bahamian Buses Today I took my 1st Bahamian bus home to my husbands house good experience. As a disabled person I found the steps to be low enough I could get on easily. They are grab bars as well it was $1.25 per adult. Difference is you yell bus stop when you want to stop there is no pull cord. The places the bus stops are listed on front of the bus. If you don't know where your stop is if you tell the bus driver he or she will stop and tell you when you arrive. All of the buses in the Bahamas are privately owed and ran but are register with Bahamas public transportation service.
Nassau