Vilnius Travel Blog

view of my friends window
my friends had a big program for me over the hall time, it started saturday by going to the central point of europe in europas parkas, which is at a park where lot's of artist from all around the world created artworks in the forest outside vilnius, i already loved the journey to that park, where there are all these lovely lituanian wooden homes in all these great colours!
the park was interesting, the forest was great, sadly all the snow melted away a few days ago, but that made walking easier! it had lot's to discover some more interesting than others! but it was great to walk after sitting so long during my journey!
after that park we went to another park at the other side of vilnius, which is famous for wedding parties, but i don't remember that name!
at night the mother of one of my friend cooked cepeliai for me, it is one of the most popular lithuanian dishes, it is a type of dumpling filled with ground meat, it is served with sour cream, and it is very tasty, although it is difficult to eat more than two! everyone who maneges to eat more than 3 is very hungry!!
at night we went out to see the lighting of the christmas tree, which is a big spectacle in vilnius! sadely we missed most of the celebration!
later on we all went to a local pub and i had to try juice made of bread, that was "interessting"!!!

Cepelinai