my journey from berlin to vilnius

Klaipeda Travel Blog

the ferryboat
the plan was to get to vilnius the cheapest way, so my glorious boss told me to take the ferryboat, which was cheap 45 euros is not bad. but because i had to get to kiel and then from klaipeda to vilnius it got a bit more expensive as just taking the bus. but i'm always good for the adventures way so i decided to go for the ferryboat!
so my journey started in berlin the 27th at 10 am, when i had the appointment to catch a car with "mitfahrgelegenheiten" for 17 euros to kiel! i traveled with 2 lovely girls, who took me to kiel central station by 1pm. my ferryboat was at 6pm so i had a lot of time left, i had to get to "ostseeufer hafen" and because i had plenty of time i decided to walk! another glorious idea! i thought it 'll take me an hour it took me 3!! and i was very tired by the time i got there! the good thing was that i managed to catch the boarding time just on time.
the Baltic Sea
in the waiting room i already realized that i probably was the only passenger not coming from lituania! the funny thing was that i didn't had to share my 50 seats room with noone, cause everyone else was traveling in cabins! so i ended up having the biggest room for myself! the ferry was huge and the bar just on the other side of the very thin wall of my pullmannseat area, my room lacked any romance, it had no windows and the light was on the all night!
the seats were not as comfortable as i'd imagined, although i had all this space i couldn't  really sleep, next morning i made myself a lovely breakfast-lunch on deck, i had lot's of fruits with me, cause i didn't wanted to pay for the ships kitchen. the day was beautiful so i stayed there for hours! it got dark really quick round 4pm, at 6pm we arrived on the minute! so i tried to catch a bus to the cities bus station, but there was no bus passing by, so i had a big problem, i knew that there was this bus round 7pm to vilnius (the last possibility to get to vilnius), i was so lucky that there were this two ladies who spoke fluent german who took me with them and even helped me to buy the bus ticket!!
so i actually managed to arrive in vilnius the same day, just before midnight! so it only took me 38hours from berlin to vilnius!!!

Sunflower300 says:
That was a long day, you could have come to Australia in that time. :)
Posted on: Jan 12, 2009