Charlotte to Tampa....you are never going to believe this or maybe you will

Charlotte Travel Blog

It's time to go.

What a crazy morning. American Airlines calls me on my cell phone at 2:45am telling me that my flight home has been canceled do to  mechanical problems. They suggested another flight, Instead of me leaving at 6:10am I would not be leaving until 2:25pm. And instead of arriving at 10:10am I would not be arriving in Tampa until 7:10pm. At first I accepted the flight and reset my alarm and went back to bed.  I layed in bed for about fifteen minutes and called American back asking if they could put me on another airline that would leave sometime this morning. She had a flight with US Airways leaving a 9:30am and arriving at 11:11am and it's non-stop. I told her I would take it!! The thing is on the first call the agent had suggested using US Airways but the earliest flight leaving was at 1:30pm.

US Airways
It pays to be persistant!! I'm getting into Tampa an hour later which is not bad at all.  I have to get in touch with my family and let them know.

It's 6:00am and I have turned in my rental car at Avis and I'm sitting in the airport. My US Airways Flight 1631 will not start boarding until 9:00am. I know i'm here early. I got woke up early and I just decided to come on over to the Airport. I got me some breakfast at Bojangles' and I'm at the table updating my blog.

It's a refreshing 28 degrees this morning  in Charlotte and it has been a nice place to visit. Everyone has been very friendly. It has been a nice suprise for me. I will diffently be back to visit again. You are two hours from the mountains and about five hours from the beach. The city itself has a nice energy to it.

It was an amazing landing the pilot made on the Hudson River in New York City!!! Kudos to the entire crew of US Airways Flight 1549.

Its time to go.