The Biggest of the Big Meet Ups! NYE in Amsterdam!
Amsterdam Travel Blog› entry 6 of 7 › view all entries
Well, we arrived at the boat area early since we got rushed out of dinner which was fine! Gave me plenty of time to navigate down the scary ramp into the boat! HAHA. Inside, mainly just the oranizers were there and in a flash, people started arriving and it was time to get this party started!
As with most TB meet ups, there is not a lot to be said for the activities of the night - the pictures speak for themselves! LOL. As I mentioned earlier, I volunteered to take over photographer duties for Alex so he could relax, enjoy himself, and have fun. I've since learned that I think Alex has the perfect replacement who's a great photographer and that is obviously Brett's friend, Matt (mc142) who was also kind enough to volunteer to take our group shot.
It was a great night...some of the highlights included -
- James and his Dean Martin imitation behind the microphone several times throughout the night
- Dancing with my Sacramento crew (and Brett of course) in Amsterdam..OMG - we made it!
- California being the most represented area outside of the NL - 4 of us from Northern California and Brandon from Southern California (I guess I should include Sal in this since he's just over the CA border in Sin City!)
- Mike from Singapore being awarded the furthest TravBuddy award
- The police showing up!
- Trying to rush upstairs for the champagne toast at midnight and only making it to the stairs but still getting my new year kiss! :P
- Watching all the fireworks and ringing in the New Year with the greatest love of my life
- Dancing with Ape.
- Seeing Maike again although we had no pool table to dance on this meet up! LOL
- Episodes of various people pole dancing downstairs where the coats were kept
- Amazing myself that I really didn't end up drinking - less than one glass of wine the whole night
- Dancing with Bas to a Linkin Park song! :D
- Eric running up to me telling me the girls split his pants! LOL
- Taking photos of James' other award only to find out he was giving it to me for recruiting TBs to the event (sorry Brett..hee hee)
- The DJ then playing California Girls...sorry Bart and Brandon!
- Thinking we were leaving at 1am and still being there after 4am waiting for our cab!
- Watching Brett do "The Twist" on the dancefloor LOL
- Eric and "Hit the Road Jack"
- Ashish...no explanation even necessary! :-)
- Experiencing one of the most incredible nights of my life with incredible TravBuddies and friends from all over the world.
This meet up really is the tribute to the success of the website and the incredible community Eric and David created. Wishing everyone a wonderful 2009 and until we meet again...perhaps NYE 2009/2010? :D