Arriving in Amsterdam!

Provincie Noord-Holland Travel Blog

Wow...it seemed like in no time we had arrived in Amsterdam! Probably because I was snoozing through the car ride...HAHA.  Traffic was a NIGHTMARE and it took us quite awhile to get Julie to her hostel and then James had the worst time because he really needed a bathroom and yeah...well, it was quite a haul from Leidesplein back to the waterfront area to get them to Movenpick! Once we finally arrived at the Movenpick, I jumped out too and hit the restroom in case it was another hour back to our hotel!  LOL.

Brett and I then headed off to our hotel which was near Dam Square and yeah, no parking in the lots (which are about 40 euros a day to begin with....egads!) and so Brett parked on the sidewalk and we ran inside to check in and leave all the luggage.

I stayed up in the room to relax for a bit while we went to the sports complex to leave the vehicle where it's 5 euros a day to park and take the train back in.  I was fighting with the internet (or lack thereof) in the Sofitel and decided I better start getting ready otherwise he'd be back and it was time to go and I'd still be sitting there.  I could tell I was getting sick so I took some medicine and took a hot shower which helped.

Sure enough, Brett was back and we were already late meeting the gang up near Julie's hotel.  We didn't quite know where Ket's Idols meet up was so we needed to call him still.  We hopped on the tram to get up to meet Julie, James, and Lynn when Brett realized he missed a call from JC. Turns out we were all meeting in Dam Square now but we stayed on the tram to get Julie otherwise she'd have no clue how to get back to us.

Now, this part of the story is a tad bit embellished (not really but....lol) - we met up with Julie in the bar she was at and told her about the change of plans so she needed to pay her bar bill and we had to hurry back down near our hotel!  Figures! LOL The place was not that crowded but the bartender and server kept passing her over.  I had headed towards the door and saw her and Brett still back there as she kinda waved her hand in the air to get his attention. I started to walk back since they were still there and I heard the bartender snarling at Julie.  I asked what happened and Julie related she was trying to get his attention and he was ignoring her so she waved and before she could finish her story, he cut her off and said, "Your friend can complain all she wants but she needs to do it at another bar"  HUH? What the heck did I miss?!?! So in theory, we'd been in Amsterdam for less than 5 hours and we got kicked out of our first bar! OMG! LOL!  Apparently when Julie had waved, she sorta snapped her finger so he could hear her (it was loud at the bar) but he got offended and thought she was talking down to him and it just went downhill from there.

Oh well, we will never see him again nor would I go back in there after just hearing him speak ever so briefly! And not like they care or need our business - they are packed all the time I am sure.

Next it was off to start the pre meet up itself with the gang! Whoo Hoo! I was very excited about finally getting to meet a few more TB's who I talk to a lot but never had the opportunity to see in person!

TRAFFIC!