Relaxing in Culloden

Caledon Travel Blog

My abode at Mel's house

First order of the day was a much-needed sleep-in.  Woke at about 10:30 in the morn in anticipation of a much talked about breakfast at Flapjacks  This place looks just like your stereotypical diner by the highway, but it¡¦s reputation was such that it has a line of about 15 people out the door, fortunately we only had to wait a few minutes.  Also joined by Kristin and her brother Ryan and we all went for the full breakfast.  For $7.50 you get bacon, eggs, big thick toast, a couple of pancakes and all the coffee you want, not bad!  A bit of confusion with the waitress understanding the Aussie accent, when asked white or brown for my toast, my reply of white was always interpreted as what until about the third try or so.

Drove around Culledon for a bit, watched beautiful eagles from a lookout hovering in front of you. Met up with Mel's friends Mellissa and Scott, went for a walk on a trail which was just covered in beautiful greenery, Canada is definitely worth seeing without snow everywhere.  After that just hung out by Melissa's pool playing Euka.  Also a new card game called sevens that's a good easy one.  Went back to Mels and had a hit of baseball in the backyard as the light faded. Finished up with some dinner and a video to top off a good transition-to-time-zone relaxing day.

My abode at Mels house