Inglewood, Calledon - Visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto

Caledon Travel Blog

As Mel headed off to supply teach for the day I decided it was time to venture in to Toronto.  Got a lift with Mr Simms (Mal) to a nearby train station.  Watched people on their way to work drop off in what they call the 'kiss and ride', decided to give that a miss, I'm not that close to the family ;) I deposited my train token and was on my way to adlib a day-trip.  One drawback was that I only had one Canadian quarter in my pocket so hunting for an ATM was on the agenda.  Trains to Union station were easy enough to figure out, so launched up out of the subway to be surrounded by high-rises.  I tried to limit how often I looked up, otherwise I may as well scream I'm a tourist, though I'm sure there's no escaping that impression.

One of the first signs I saw was Hockey Hall of Fame so that set my first goal for the day.  First wandered a few blocks to find an ATM, eventually went underground to some shops which Mel calls The Path since apparently all Canadians walk underground in the winter.

Found my way back to the Hockey Hall Of Fame and spent a good 2 or 3 hours there, a fair portion of that at the exhibit of 'The Great one' (that's Wayne Gretsky by the way ) and looking at the Stanley Cup and other trophies.  By the time  I grabbed lunch (there¡¦s heaps of street vendors, definitely set up for people on the move) it was time to start heading back to catch up with Mel.  So caught the train back to Brampton where Mel picked me up.  Grabbed a quick dinner back at the house then went to the local cinema to see the movie The Italian Job over at the 32 cinema complex.  Last order of the day was my introduction to DQ, or Dairy Queen for those not in the know , with a mint oreo blizzard.  Superb!  They have to do a test before they give it to you where they turn it upside down in front of you, I'd be curious to see when that goes wrong.

Finished up at home watching the Ducks beat New Jersey 1-0 in overtime to tie the Stanley Cup finals 2-2.

Caledon