Ferry to Center Island

Toronto Travel Blog

Kristin’s brother Ryan and his girlfriend Lindsey were kind enough to join me for a trip on the ferry over to Centre Island.  We started about noon with a drive to the Rustic Cosmo café (where Lindsey used to work) in a part T.O. (see I know the lingo) that reminds me of Newtown in Sydney.  Had a Monte Cristo sandwich (something with cranberry I’m pretty sure)! that was fantastic! Then a drive to the harbourfront (passed the crowds lining up for an Ozzy Ozbourne concert) and a 15 minute ferry to Centre Island.  Beautiful parks, a ‘Clothing optional’ beach and a “beach” with lifeguards.

Headed back to the mainland about 5 or so, then walked through the CBD to ‘Peel pub’.  Had separate rooms for smoking and non-smoking people.  Had a great steak for $7 and was introduced to a ‘Caesar’ drink (Vodka, tobasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, climato (I think that’s clam and tomato?) juice, with celery salt around the rim. It was different, would take some getting used to.  Back home then to just veg out and watch a movie (I think Vertical Limit was the movie of choice).

photo by: yasuyo