AsiaJapanOsaka

That is one fucking monster of a fish!

Osaka Travel Blog

Using our Kansai region rail pass we headed to Osaka today.We had been seeing quite a few temples in our time in Kyoto so we had abit of temple fatigue so we headed to the Osaka aquarium which came with a very impressive reputation,about two very famous residents.

When we arrived at the aquarium we thought we were gonna have to wait ages to get in because there was massive ques outside,but they were people waiting to see a parade of penguins or something strange like that.

The aquarium itself is pretty impressive if a little expensive.When we first went through the entrance we came to some otters that were clearly about to be fed as they kept looking up and moaning at the tourists.

Then we proceeded through and saw some sea otters,seals and then some dolphins which all had quite big tanks.

Then we came to the star of the show,the worlds biggest tank and its attractions.Not one but two,yes two, whale sharks.When I was told about it I thought someone was taking the piss but there were actually two of them.And I only actually thought there was one.They were extremely graceful creatures and they shared their tank with a huge manta ray,hammerheads,leapord sharks,schools of yellow fins tuna amongst many many othere fascinating fish.They great thing about the tank was it was on three levels so you keep walking round it gradually making your way down around the tank.And they also have viewing platforms where you can sit down and just watch the fish in the big tank.Which we did for the best part of an hour.

In a tank next to it we saw some divers trying to feed some Sunfish but pretty much getting attacked by the fish and then a huge octopus somehow got hold of the sunfish and started attacking it.Then there was an amazing tanks full of thousands and thousands of sardines which was cool.

Then there was a cook strait tanks which has shitloads going on in it.Then we came down to the bottom of the aquarium which had all the crabs and jelly fish and it felt like you were in some sort of computer game or something.Very finny!haha.

When we finally left the aquarium and got outside the square was now empty of people but had a pen full of ice which housed about ten penguins that the aquarium had moved through some sort of maze for the tourists to see.A taint on an otherwise amazing aquarium.But I had a feeling I was crazy because when I thought about the penguin parade and then how many people where waiting to see it I didn’t understand why they needed to do that.All these people were clearly there to go in the museum anyway.They could of seen the penguins in there.

All in all a great day and well worth the money a welcome break from the temples of Kyoto.

Osaka