AsiaMacau

The hottest day on earth! Ever!

Macau Travel Blog

Seeing as we were so close we decided to go to Macau for the day, it wasn’t cheap but I wanted to see what it was like.

The ferry took about 1 and a half hours and we got to the ferry port at about 11.30. Roger the swiss guy we met had pretty much planned our whole day out but we decided to do our own thing and paid a visit to the venetian casino.

It was such a cool casino, its modelled on Venice and had a shopping mall exactly like it with Gondolas and everything. Very tacky but rather amusing. We didn’t have a flutter but where very tempted.

After the casino we headed to the old town part of Macau and tried to walk around for a while but it was easily the hottest ive been on my entire trip. It was so bad you literally couldn’t walk anywhere for more than 5 minutes without dying. It was a shame because it hampered our sightseeing opportunities but these things happen I suppose.

We got back to Hong kong in the evening and sat watching sunset then saw the awesomeness of the Hong Kong skyline at night. Sooo good!

bastian8 says:
Wow bro! Great blog! I have been here. I felt like I was actually in Portugale walking through Macau central. With the fountains, and cobblestone streets. And walking up to the burnt down church was amazing. Nice pics too! Thanks for sharing themn with us!!!
Posted on: Aug 05, 2009