And so it begins!!!

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Finally after years of dreaming and months of working out the best way to leave the navy,the time finally came for me to embark on my first great trip.Stacey and I woke up at around 4am and sorted ourselves out before and emotional goodbye with her parents(i had already done my goodbyes,extremely brief with no feelings).Then we got on the national express for the 4 hour journey to heathrow airport.

We managed to check in straight away and get rid of our backpacks which was great and then we had to try and kill a few hours before the plane left.Thank god for Suduko.

At 15.45 on January the 15th we boarded flight NZ1 to Los Angeles for a 12 hour journey chasing the sunset around the globe,flying over Greenland,Canada and impressively Las Vegas at night.

We finally arrived at 6pm local time in LA and it felt like 3am to us.We were extremely tired but we had to get to our hotel and find an ATM.We asked a guy outside where an ATM was and he told us.Then asked us for money, was i in Asia already? Where people expect money for anything.

Then we arrived at the Travel lodge and tried our best to stay awake for a while but failed miserably.After calling our couchsurfing host in San Diego for the next day we crashed and slept for a long long time.Day 1 was now over!

Los Angeles Hotels & Accommodations review
well priced hotel
We arrived in LA and seeing as it was our first night of our whole trip we decided to check into somewhere slightly ok and in truth over our budget. … read entire review