Thats better!

Ubud Travel Blog

DAY 1

We finally left Kuta after spending way too much time there and we moved to Ubud. The driver who took us was ,according to Stacey, a complete wanker and when I wasn’t there he was a twat to her.This tended to happen a lot to stacey, whenever im not there men tend to be sleazy or complete arseholes to her.Its funny catching them at it and watching them change their attitudes when they see a guy.

When we got to Ubud we were pleasantly surprised as it looked really nice and we were ashamed we didn’t come here before. Unusually for us we had no idea of where we would look for places to stay so we actually took one of the touts up on his offer and it was a good call.The place was amazing,a worthy gamble.

In the afternoon we headed to the sacred monkey forest sanctuary,which is inhabited my hundreds of macaques. Whilst there you only have to sit down for one minute before one of the residents comes along and mounts you,or in my case , decides to use your head as a drum.Not the least bit worried about rabies……

DAY 2

We decided a days sightseeing was in order due to the fact we hadnt done any for bloody ages. The owner of our guesthouse offered us a day trip to see all the local temples,rice terraces etc for 25 euros each.I laughed in his face.We then headed to the taxi rank and hired a taxi for the day and the whole thing cost us around 10quid for the both of us.I good little number for the guesthouse owner,he wasn’t too happy when we got back and told him we did it for a fraction of his price.

We went to the Elephant cave which to be honest with you was pretty unimpressive,apart from the guy outside with snakes draped around his neck.Always tempting to hold one.

Then we went to the holy spring temple where I was able to have a dip in the holy waters but stacey shyed away.Unlucky for her as it was probably the cleanest water I had seen in Indonesia.

After that we went to a coffee plantation for some tasting,some of it was ok and as usual we were pestered to buy some.So I clearly stated to them that I was british and I only drink tea.On the way back to Ubud we saw the magnificent rice terraces which were truly amazing.

For dinner we went to somewhere called Muddy duck where we had possibly the best meal of the trip.BBQ ribs,they were absolutely delicious.

Ubud