Plain of Jars!

Phonsavan Travel Blog

The night bus on paper should have been the best yet, I had the whole back seat to myself and there was air con.I laid along the back seats and if it wasn’t for the annoying music they played all night I might of got some sleep, but it wasn’t meant to be.

What disturbed me greatly was the bus kept stopping for people to go for a piss in the bush, poor old Stacey needed to go but we only stopped at hedges. Being a man I duely made the most of this. Then the unthinkable happened, I was stood there pissing when I looked to the left of me and saw an old laos woman squatting next to me and having a shit, I almost fainted.

We got to Phonsovan and saw that there was a bus to Hanoi the next day, so we booked on it and decided we would do a tour of the plain of jars today, even if we were extremely tired.

We went to a place called Nice guesthouse and the rooms were great, what I found funny was if you asked a tuk tuk driver to take you to a nice guesthouse and he took you there.haha.

We checked in and saw that the guys were staying there too, what a coincidence. We booked on a trip too and the guys were on that too.

The tour was ok and when we first saw the jars they were quite impressive, but after the third jar sight they became rather boring. The guide was funny as he tried to make things up as he went along. But on the plus side he had never heard of McDonalds.

We fell asleep pretty early ready for the bus to Hanoi the next day.

photo by: droonsta