Best city so far!

Kuching Travel Blog

DAY 1

We spent most of our day waiting for our flight to Kuching in Sarawak, Borneon Malaysia.The area we stayed in Jakarta was abit of shithole, actually , what we saw of Jakarta was that the whole place was a shit hole. So we just holed up in a bar watching football and then headed to the airport.

We got to the airport an boarded our flight to Kuching,and after a short flight we were in Borneo.The thing that we were amazed when we got to Kuching was that no-one there was trying to rip us off,well they weren’t trying to do it blatantly.

And the other thing that amazed us was how nice and clean and quiet the place was.We didn’t see one scooter on the way from the airport which after being in indo for a month is hard to fathom.

Then we got to our accomodation which was only a dorm but we had bloody air conditioning.WOW. And then I checked out the bathrooms and there were western toilets.WOW. Hot water. WOW. And good pressure.Oh yeah and free breakfast. Awesome!

DAY 2

After having a long over due lie in,due too tiredness and the fact it was actually silent in and outside our room, which after Indonesia was rare, we got up and headed out.

We strolled along the promenade next to the river and around the town, and I can say that so far Kuching was by far the nicest, cleanest place we had been too. It was a really beautiful city.

In the evening we headed to the cinema and saw Watchmen,a very good film.The cinema is a nice resbite from the heat in asia and also cheap so if your not up too much I think it’s a good thing.

DAY 3

Today was much more productive we got up and went to Jongs crocodile farm and zoo, which unfortunately tainted itself by having tourist prices.

The place itself was actually quiet good , I didn’t expect much from a south east asian zoo( Singapore aside) but it was ok and made for a nice place to stroll around for the afternoon. We got to see shitloads of crocs, gavials, caimans and alligators among other things. I do enjoy a good zoo.And the whole place was surrounded by some beautiful scenery.

Later in the evening we went and watched Liverpool spank Man Utd at a bar.Its always funny hearing fans of other football teams talk complete shit!

Kuching