Beautiful place.....but city?

Luang Prabang Travel Blog

DAY 1

Yet another early rise in order to see if we could get nice seats on the boat, but we saw loads of people heading down ridiculously early, so we didn’t bother.

When we got to the boat we saw that all the nice seats weren’t there anymore and everyone had to make do with shit seats. The boat got fuller and fuller and was pretty dangerous. So some american guy kicked off and started rounding people up to kick off. After some commotion they reluctantly put on two boats and the trip was instantly more comfortable. Instead of 120 people on the cramped boat there was about 50.

On the trip the boat stopped at small villages along the way where the locals rushed down and tried to sell all sorts of things. And someone on the boat bought two monitor lizards and put one under the seat near where I was sitting.

Making me very comfortable.haha.

At 5pm we arrived in Luang Prabang which had a really good small town vibe and was a beautiful place. After some initial walking round and haggling we found a fairly good value and nice room.

DAY 2

After only deciding to spend one full day in Luang Prabang we decided on doing the Lonely planet walking tour. As much as I resent lonely planet sometimes there walking tours are quite good. The only thing I don’t like is how they tell you what restaraunts to go to etc, thus giving said business more money than ever.

The “city” itself was unreal really, extremely leafy and so laid back and quiet the only downside was the major French influence to it.haha. Just kidding, I was very grateful for the sandwiches you could get there.

We saw a lot of temples on the walking tour but none of them were that amazing, I think this happens now because I have seen so many temples now and im getting slightly bored of them.

In the evening we tried to find somewhere to watch the formula one but nowhere would so we just watched the last day of the premiership instead.Unlucky Newcastle!

cycleoregon says:
I really like the cloud photos.... thanks.
Posted on: Jun 03, 2009