AsiaIndiaMumbai

A***hole city! an all time worst place!

Mumbai Travel Blog

Got to Mumbai after a long train ride from Agra, i had high hopes of this city, but that would be thrown back in my face pretty soon. They say the further down in India you go the nicer the people get. Well Mumbai would go against that grain.

We got a taxi to Coloba and to a hotel in the guidebook, got there, it no longer existed, along with another three we looked for. Abit pissed off we finally ended up in a hotel that was expensive but nice really. We checked in, Stacey got a hot shower, that we paid extra for, and then i went for one, no hot water left. I went to complain and the got it sorted and i had to wait for 30mins for it to heat up.

While we were waiting i pulled my bag off the wall to see it was covered in wet paint, i was pretty pissed off with that to say the least, when i complained they just rudely fobbed me off, i came back i was raging. Stacey told me i was being stupid and went to complain herself, she came back just as angry as me, the guys running the place were a complete bunch of fucking arseholes. They then proceeded in kicking us out for moaning and bringing the wet paint with us and putting it on the wall, i was shaking with anger when we left and already hating my time.

We walked round abit more but ended up in the awful Salvation army, we got a room, but after dropping our bags off i started to smell petrol, we then realised that it was coming from the room. Utterly knackered i went to tell the owners, who then got angry with us and said it was the cleaning stuff, unless they cleaned with petrol i didnt believe it. We moved rooms but it turned out the same. And to make matters worse i got rinsed by bed bugs, even in my sleep sheet. The hoteliers of Mumbai are dicks!

We managed to get round Mumbai and see the sights which were good, and there were some nice buildings dotted around the city. We even agreed to be voice artists for a bollywood movie, but after hearing some bad reports about the set up, we knocked it on the head.

When it came to leave Mumbai i couldnt wait to leave, its a shame how certain people can ruin your experience of somewhere. But i was massively excited for Goa, i longed for some relaxation and a beach!

James1985 says:
il update it soon now im home, but il give u a taster. I was kicked out of a hotel for complaining about the wet paint on the walls that i got covered on my bag! JOKE!
Posted on: Nov 29, 2009
herman_munster says:
I give it a smile and I want to read what kind of ***hole is that to prepare myself next month.
Posted on: Nov 29, 2009