AsiaChinaGuilin

26 hours of train related horrors!

Guilin Travel Blog

I shall summarise the train journey to Chengdu.

We got on... No air con. No idea where our seats were with no-one actually telling us either. Then we finally got settled and had to kick a family off our seat. The next 8 hours were spent profusely sweating, and having people shout in your ear and spit on your feet. Gross. Then most of the people just couch opened mouth al over you, why am i not suprised there has been an outbreak of the plague in China when their hygeine is so fucking appaling. Had to sit listening to some kid shout for hours and also become a tourist attraction on the train so the locals could come point and laugh at a white person.haha.  26 hours this went on for and one thing shook me to the core. Instead of taking her baby into the vacant toilet the mother basically folded her baby in half and dangled it over a bin so it could shit and piss all over the bin. Oh God!

Deats says:
The babies just have holes in their pants and trousers and shit as they please - the adults arent much better :D Although DaQing is clean in comparison, so i rarely see it here, thank God.
Posted on: Jun 02, 2010
James1985 says:
i think 8 months in asia will be half good preparation, but will still be pointless. Better than going straight from england though.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2009
Connie says:
Ha ha ha - I had hoped that my 4 months in China would prep me for the onslaught of India. I was wrong. Check my blog if you're interested :)
Posted on: Aug 22, 2009