Day 2

Hanoi Travel Blog

a view looking below from my bunk on the night train
It's my birthday!!
Right now we are in Hanoi, Vietnam. We can hear what is possibly the news being announced in the street.. I'm not really sure because it isn't in english. It reminds me of a world war one war announcement not that I would know what that would sound like. Anyway, everyone is having showers and getting ready for the night train. Kaitlynn and I just had sponge baths haha.
Everybody is packing away... When we went to breakfast this morning my friend gave me a card and one that my mum had sent my other friend before the trip so I would get it on my birthday and some money in US dollars:).
Today we went to the Ho Chi Minh Monoselum and some other museum type places...We had a big lunch at a nice restaurant.

We are now on the night train.. and it's hilarious.. and cool. We love it. We have a very small 4 person cubby room. The hallways are very narrow, it was a struggle to get our suitcases on..well i packed kinda light. Someone said there was a rat on here. There is a vietnamese announcement on right now and people outside the window who want us to buy snacks for the ride... but really we just want to sleep because the train arrives in Lao Cai at 5am.
We are looking into the train beside ours and we can see people in there.
It's so hot in here!!!!!
We started moving!!

a view looking below from my bunk …
a view looking below from my bunk…
a room on the night train