WATever?!

Bangkok Travel Blog

Wat Arun & Chao Phraya River

I still had to go back to Pratunam Market to buy additional RTW for my tiangge because, as per last night’s inventory, it seemed that half of my purchases were either for me or for pasalubong or for me again.

Mother & Child -- Thai style

While MJ went on with her temple-ing (BTW, I insisted that she do that or else she’d still come with me and shop.  Huh! Crazy shopaholic!)  I went back to Pratunam Market to do some serious shopping as I only got a few hours left.  I intend to join MJ with her temple hopping, if time permits.

Luckily, I was able to stick on my mission -- shop for my tiangge -- and send the stuffs to the cargo forwarder.  Just then MJ called that she’d wait for me in Wat Arun to catch it at sunset.

It was nearly sundown, so I grabbed a cab and went to the port for Wat Arun.  I was just glad that I didn’t get lost and still remembered the place.

Wat Arun at sunset is stunning.  Full stop.  I’ve seen it before but at daytime and it’s just different at night.  Sorry for the bad photos.  They didn't give justice.

Since we’re near Khao San Road, we decided to check it out to see how many brave and stubborn tourists still went to Bangkok after the protests and against travel restrictions.

MJ @ Khao San Road

We hopped on a tuk-tuk, MJ’s first ride, the obligatory photo with the tuk-tuk wasn’t missed.

So we were at the famous backpackers’ area.  Well, not so crowded as of the last time I was there, but still noisy and people rowdy.  Peace! :)

Khao San Road is a party street.  If only I was still in my teens, I definitely would be one of those drunken farangs walking around the street with a bottle of beer in one hand.  But people do change.  Since I’m now suffering memory gap when asked about my age and I stopped counting how many birthday parties I have celebrated, my preferences in life have changed too.  I’m not into the party scene anymore, not much into it.  I'm still a big beer fan, just have to cut down on my drinking.  So instead of grabbing a cold bottle of Singha, we decided to have an authentic foot massage instead, a much needed pampering after a long day of walking.  :)
ice9van says:
Thanks! :)
Posted on: Jan 19, 2009
bashmentbabe says:
hey very great pics i must say
Posted on: Jan 19, 2009