Choo Choo Train

Butterworth Travel Blog

Malay girl.

Another reason why I finally decided to join MJ on this trip was because of this train ride as I don’t think I’d be able to do this on my own.  Yes, I was afraid of traveling by train, alone.  Well, it wasn’t so bad after all.  We went with the International Express train, which only offered second-class berths.  But again, I felt like riding on a VIP couch.  The seats were soft and comfy enough and at night, they turned the seats into sleeping berths with curtains for privacy!  I got problems with the airconditioning though.  It was too damn cold!  A girl from a tropical country isn’t used to that kind of weather.

So, it was about a 20-hour ride to Bangkok.  Those hours were spent mostly chit-chatting with fellow travelers, sharing travel stories, photos and even food, reading LP’s Southeast Asia on a Shoestring, listening to my iPod, and sleep, sleep and sleep.  At least I was able to rest from our 4-day continuous touring.  Just preparing myself for Bangkok.  BKK we’re coming! :)

ice9van says:
Do check out http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm
Posted on: May 13, 2011
ice9van says:
Hi, what do you mean? Kung saan papatatak sa passport? I think it was at the last province of Malaysia that we passed by. We stopped for a while for immigration. First desk is the Malaysia immigration for exit stamps then next naman ang Thai immigration. No questions asked. Tatak agad. :) There were food vendors too so you can buy your dinner there na din pero food sold at the train were fairly priced and decent naman.

Posted on: May 13, 2011
annachronism says:
Hi there! I'm going to ride train from Butterworth to BKK also! I'd like to ask where the immigration stamps you into Thailand? and if you have any tips? THANK YOU!
Posted on: May 12, 2011
Malaysia railway station
Malaysia railway station
@ Butterworth railway station
@ Butterworth railway station
International Express
International Express
bye bye Malaysia!...Photo credits:…
bye bye Malaysia!...Photo credits…
to BKK!