BKK – Here I am…Again!

Bangkok Travel Blog

now in BKK.

We’re in BKK at last.  Train arrived in Hualamphong Station at 11:30 A.M., Thai time.  Upon arrival, I texted my other girlfriend Aying, who currently works in BKK as an executive assistant at some trading company, to fetch us up.

Papaya PokPok Man!
  We’d be staying with her during our entire stay in BKK.  So she arrived, together with her fiancé Elexis, and we went back first to their place to drop our bags before having a taste of BKK.

Since it’s a Sunday, we went to Thailand’s largest weekend market -- the Chatuchak Market.  We hang out first at the Chatuchak Park, ate chilled fruits while MJ had photo sessions with the birds -- both small & big (and those that get bigger!).

Anyways, after our chilled-out moments at the park, we now entered the crazy & chaotic market.  I promised myself I wouldn’t buy a thing as we had designated two days of our stay in BKK solely for shopping.  But, I just couldn’t resist those cute Thai bags!  And so I bought 3, for pasalubong.  :)  And when we passed by at a stall that sells summer clothes, those swimwear coverups were just fabulous!  And so I bought 5 pieces, I think, for my tiangge (bazaar)!  :)  So, ok, promises were broken but those stuffs were for pasalubong and for my tiangge anyways.  :)

When it was about to get dark, we went to Siam Paragon to meet an old friend from Pinas, Jof, a journalist working in BKK too.

When she finally arrived, she brought us at a restaurant named SomTam, just near Siam Paragon, where I had my best papaya pokpok ever!  Well, they wouldn’t name their place SomTam if that wasn’t their specialty.

After a sumptuous meal, there was a small tiangge just outside the restaurant so we checked it out first.  No, I didn’t buy anything.  But MJ & Aying did!  Crazy Shopaholics!

breakfast sa train
breakfast sa train
BKK Railway Station
BKK Railway Station
in front of Hualampong Railway Sta…
in front of Hualampong Railway St…
chilled fruits