Lost in Transition - part 2

Krabi Travel Blog

So, back in time to three weeks ago, I walked across the Malaysian/Thai border with Ollie and Josh, and resigned myself to a couple of days existing, moving, sleeping against windows in a cramped mini-van, the highlight of which was a guy sitting next to Ollie for a good few hours with a spine tingling eye on a stalk, I guess it will haunt us all for the rest of our sleepless journeys in minivans,in search of the legendary paradisal Thai beaches. A highly unremarkable over night stop in the city of Hat Yai (although the bar "Deep Wonder" was a little strange - don't use the toilet unless you want a hot towel and massage while you are trying to urinate...), and it was on to Krabi - gateway to aforementioned bon magnifique islands. Well, the weather managed to interfere with our best intentions (fair enough, it is rainy season) so spent a few nights in the Irish Bar instead. Other than that, went to an odd BBQ/disco (some famous Thai band played - Job 2 do) disaster with the Dutch girls who arrived here too, and Ollie escorted Josh to hospital in the middle of the night after he was savagely attacked by a cat. Say what you like about the NHS, I'm sure they don't allow stray dogs in to roam the corriders.

We met up with Ollies mate Paul from home here too so we hung out and solved all the worlds ills.
Krabi