Lost in Transition - Part 3

Bangkok Travel Blog

So Ollie and I gave up on waiting for the heavens to stop being so bloody over-dramatic, and left to take a cast iron "Top 5 worst journeys" contender, to Bangkok. I opted for the more luxurious Thai Stinky Toilet Torture Seat and Ollie willingly chose the Chinese Water Torture Seat, which he seemed to secretly enjoy. From the bus stop, we staggered the few hundred metres to a guest house set back a touch from the main Kho San tourist vortex. Imagine our glee when a couple from our bus pulled up in a taxi at the guest house, which had clearly taken them on a long journey around the houses. Titter.

So we soaked up the temples, the ambience, the beer. We were lead astray by an English and a Belgian girl to watch a "ping pong" show in the notorious Pat Pong district. You don't need the details, so all I will say is ribbons, darts, balloons, razorblades, banana, bottle-opener.

The world's tallest hotel (allegedly) completed our itinerary. Baiyoke Sky Hotel's revolving viewing deck is on the 84th floor.

So that was that, I guess ten days of travelling and being amazed at the freak show which is Bangkok. I said my goodbyes to Ollie in a confused and rather quick manner, probably should have been more than a wave from a taxi window, but the taxi wanted off, and headed for the Thai hotel which Debbie had booked us into later that day.
Bangkok