Frostbite scare!

Dillon Travel Blog

After driving all night, we awoke ready to start flying down the mountain, however, little did we expect the storm to follow us out to CO!!! I opened my shade to discover large snowflakes floating gently down to the ground... then changing to small flakes zooming down to the ground...creating a path of powder and a visibility of close to nil. The brave souls that we are, headed up to Copper to test our abilities!

We skied a few runs and tried as best as we could to manage to stay warm as the lift inched its way up to the top. After a few runs, I noticed that my brother's face developed white splotches as well as raised impressions on it. It had the beginning signs of frostbite written all over it!! It was at that moment we all realized that perhaps it was a bit cold for skiing:) We went inside to thaw out and to find pieces to place over our faces to keep us safe from the dreaded frostbite. We obviously are gluttons for punishment, for as soon as we thawed out, we went straight back out to conquer the mountain and its severe negative 30 degree F weather! That's right... NEGATIVE 30F!

chiyeh says:
Wow, can't imagine what that would feel like...
Posted on: Mar 30, 2007
WaltJake says:
wow! That's 145 degrees colder than the Badlands were when I visited this summer! I'll take the heat over the cold!
Posted on: Mar 12, 2007