Clear Blue Skies, 36 degrees!

Dillon Travel Blog

If there was ever a more perfect day for skiing, it was Sunday! 36 degrees, a fair amount of powder, groomed runs that just begged us to cruise down them, and only a few gathered around to meet their fate on the mountain. Only my brother and I "braved" the extensive terrain without taking a break! It was far too nice to stop for lunch, for it would take away from our ski time considering the fact that we had an ETD of 2pm! :(

Those of you who love to ski dream of the perfect run! .. that steep run that gets your adrenaline pumping as you strategically map out your path... the run that is void of all other skiers/boarders.. it is you, your gear, and the snow.. you have the freedom to go as quicky as you desire without worrying about those who are still learning to control their movements (never knowing which way they'll turn)... you are free to feel the wind upon your face as you glide down the mountain... that was Sunday in a nutshell.. a dream day filled with incredible skiing with my bro:) It makes me wonder WHY I'm living in Des Moines instead of a mountainous region like CO where I could enjoy outdoor sports during each and every season!!! If you live by the mountains, count yourself blessed!!

Luckily, on the way back, the INTERSTATES were open to the public, which meant that we were going to shave off 3 hours from our previous "record"...:)

IowAdventure says:
Enjoyed your story. I had a similar experience skiing in 40 degrees at Copper March 1, and at Winter Park in near blizzard conditions Sunday. Sounds like you fared pretty well.
Posted on: Mar 17, 2008
cabotono says:
Sounds great!
Posted on: May 06, 2007
sdbleve says:
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2007
Do we dare go past the ropes???
Do we dare go past the ropes???
Falling down... shot off the fall:)
Falling down... shot off the fall:)
photo by: NickDeJesu