On the way to Nicaragua, an uneventful day in the Honduran Capital

Tegucigalpa Travel Blog

Another long day of travel.  Woke up at 545am and said goodbye to my friends at Sandra´s house, grabbed my bag and headed down to the ferry.  All the people that I had planned to meet weren´t there.  I guess they changed their plans or slept in by accident.  Anyway, travelling alone isn´t so bad.  I arrived safe in La Ceiba and jumped in the back of a pick-up truck and headed to the bus station.  I was 4 Lempiras short of the fare to Tegucigalpa but the woman took pity on me and gave me the ticket anyway.

So I had to stop in Tegucigalpa on my way to Nicaragua because the only bus leaves for Managua at 9am.  So I found a place in a Hotel called the ¨Win Chan¨with an attached Chinese restaurant.  I went to go grab some food at a local hole in the wall.  Some old men were lounging and drinking so I sat next to them.  I ordered a Fresca (my now usual drink) and a plate of food.  They served me chicken wings, cheese, beans, and tortillas and the everything only came to 40 Lempiras, which was damn cheap.  Then I pretty much just went back to the Hotel and watched movies and fell asleep.

Tegucigalpa