Second Day in Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara Travel Blog

Party at Q's
Today was fairly exciting. I went for a walk around Galita, the small town that I'm actually in (near Santa Barbara). I met up with some local fraternity guys and they drove me around and we got something to eat. We stopped into a Mexican restaurant called Super Cuca's and I had a "Super Burrito" that was pretty Super. I was also introduced to 'horchata', a drink composed of rice milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and ice and it was delicious. Then when I got back my friend at the Del Playa residence took me to the University and we went to the gym. We played a game of 4 on 4 basketball then I went to work out. When we got back, Mike our neighbour and resident master of ceremonies, was putting on a massive bbq party because he had been given huge amounts of meat from his parents.
I met a lot of people and Becca and I shared a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot that I brought from Canada. A couple hours later Samantha and I walked down Del Playa past all of the house parties, which had become a permanent fixture on the strip. We ended up at this girl's birthday party and we made some new friends. Then a whole group of us went into downtown Santa Barbara to go dancing at Q's, which was putting on its '80's night'. Much craziness ensued. Then around 130 we all headed home. Tomorrow I'm going to have to leave Santa Barbara at around 430 by train back to Los Angeles to catch my flight. I'm going to miss the laid back atmosphere of this university town and the friends that I've made. I've noticed that in Santa Barbara, the students seem much more in their element than what I'm used to. They seem to accept and embrace the fact that they are students. There are a lot more random house parties with new friends (and the remains of past parties), students riding cheap broken bicycles, and affordable student housing for a student budget.
wbboy29 says:
So did you make it down to Galita beach? It's a pretty good beach if I remember correctly. At certain points in the year, they even have to shut down portions of it, because the Sea Lions will actually come up onto the beach for mating and what not, haha.
Posted on: Oct 25, 2007
annouska_213 says:
I love the way u give extra credit to food!!Both in your fotos and your blog!!And since I'm constantly hungry,checking your profile is always a treat!!
Posted on: Jun 15, 2007
AndiPerullo says:
Ummm, that horchata sounds yummy!
Posted on: Apr 20, 2007
Hard Rock istanbul
Hard Rock istanbul
Super Cucas
Super Cuca's
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity House RU…
Beta Theta Pi Fraternity House "R…
Sidewalk Art