Open Water Diver

Utila Travel Blog

Today was excellent.  We woke up at 6am and headed out to the dive shop for our last day of diving.  Our first dive was great but Anders was having a lot of difficulty equalizing (the air spaces in his head were not pressurizing and he was experiencing a lot of pain).  Along the dive we saw a lot of different animals most notably a green moray eel.

When we resurfaced Anders was having a lot of trouble and actually coughed up some blood.  It was decided that he should skip his second dive and make it up the next day.

During the second dive we saw lots of different kinds of fish and a lobster as well.

When the second dive was finished we had officially become 'Open Water Divers'.  I have yet to decide if I want to continue on to Advanced Open Water for 30m dives.

Later that night we met up with Sandra and went to the grocery store and bought stuff for tortillas.  Then we went out and bought 72 beers.   Ariel and I cooked and dinner was excellent.  After dinner we went out to Treetanic to party and went a little harded to celebrate our certification and because we didn't have to wake up early the next day.

Utila