Arranged things in advance for the very first time on my trip!

Cusco Travel Blog

Ok, so this morning I woke up around 830 and sat for over an hour waiting to use the internet to check my email.  I'm staying in this hostal that's fairly popular and quite large.  There are probably 100 people there and there are only 4 computers with free internet so people really tend to take advantage of that.  Then I had the 'Irish Breakfast' at the hostal which I must say was truly spectacular.

Then Masha, Owen and I went out and walked around the town for a while trying to arrange a hostal for the weekend of the Inti Raymi.  This was the first time on my trip that I've reserved a place to stay and it feels pretty weird.  I'm used to just showing up and staying somewhere.  Then we went back to the Plaza de Armas and watched the continuing festivities leading up to the Inti Raymi from a balcony of a local restaurant while we sipped freshly squeezed pineapple and orange juice.

At One o'clock we met up with two other couples and went to arrange our trip to Machu Picchu.

The trip we purchased will take us through the Sacred Valley, visiting the Pisac market and ruins, then on to Urubamba for lunch then to Ollaytatambo ruins.  From there we'll take a train to Aguas Calientes for an overnight in a hostal.  The next morning we'll wake up before 5 and hike up the mountain to watch the sunrise.  We'll have the whole day then we'll head back to Aguas Calientes for the train back to Cusco.  We're supposed to get back at 930 on Friday night.  Then we'll have Saturday to get geared up for the Inti Raymi on Sunday.

Vikram says:
I can't wait to see the Machu Picchu pictures.
Posted on: Jun 20, 2007
Some girl´s beer next to me. Poss…
Some girl´s beer next to me. Pos…
photo by: Vlindeke