Hvar AKA Paradise

Hvar Travel Blog

I have found paradise.  At first nervous that everything would not work out and that traveling alone was a mistake, the second I stepped off the bus in Hvar, these feelings were erased.  I am surrounded by white stone everywhere, beaches, rolling green hills and perfect sunshine and a comfortable breeze.

I found an accommodation immediately from a woman that lives with her mother in an adorable home only a few stair cases up from the center of town.  For less than $15 a night, there‚Äôs a chance that I might stay here in paradise for the rest of my weeklong vacation.

As I began exploring my way around, walking up and down and in and out of narrow ways, I sat down at a restaurant with an outdoor terrace.  I must have decided to sit down based upon their reasonable prices.  Upon eating the two of the most perfect dishes, I would have paid a lot more than $11 for a very garlicky octopus salad and then another fish salad with chopped tomatoes, olives, onions, cucumbers, and other great ingredients.  I have already decided that I am only ordering fish for the rest of my travels through Croatia.  Everyone in my family would love to eat the food I just severely enjoyed but I would particularly take my Grandma Forman here.

Right now I am lying aside a white stone which is perfectly situated to the shape of my body.  It is 5:45 pm, one of the most comfortable times of the day to sit in the sun, listen to the waves crash against the stones, and did I mention that the wind feels amazing?  For the next week, I will have no one to answer to and no obligations, relaxing in the land of paradise AKA Hvar.