Eastern most point

Te Araroa Travel Blog

Entering Te Araroa
This is another spot I have visited just recently (25/03/09) but have slotted the pics in here to keep the loop correct should any of wish to travel the Pacific Coastal Highway.  I know I've said it before but this drive is full of spectacular scenery.  Just beware of the wildlife.  The farmers in this area don't concern themselves too much about fences so keep your eyes peeled for horses, cattle, sheep, goats.

Speaking of horses, they are well used by the locals in this area.  You will often see Maori children riding up and down the main streets of the town, or perhaps the men heading out to do some hunting, rifle slung over their shoulder and several dogs following behind.

Turning the corner from the North East coast down the Eastern edge now.  Te Araroa is the gateway out to the East Cape lighthouse (see review).  It's a sleepy little town but like everywhere here in this part of the country, it's wild.

Steeped in Maori history and becoming more and more ignored by the rest of the country.  Personally though, I think that all adds to the charm of the area.
goezi says:
Thanks for the encouragement William.
I still have plenty to see and do Mate!
Hope you're weekend is full of fun and laughter.
C
Posted on: Mar 27, 2009
williamsworld says:
Boy, you do get around. I always enjoy your blogs. Take care, my friend.
Posted on: Mar 27, 2009
Looking West as the sun sinks
Looking West as the sun sinks
Amazing Maize
Amazing Maize
From up Tower Track (to the lighth…
From up Tower Track (to the light…
Te Araroa Sights & Attractions review
As East as you can get
I had a spare couple of hours after finishing my driving assessments at Te Araroa so I thought I'd shoot out to the East Cape Lighthouse. Nic and… read entire review
Te Araroa