The can't-wait-for-tomorrow-let's-start-now party

Amsterdam Travel Blog

HI!
You see, there's no reason at all to postpone until tomorrow what you could actually be doing today!

It was a pretty fascinating night, it's pretty rare to meet people from a dozen or so nationalities and that was what made it special. Chatting with someone from Kampala one minute, Lima the next, and Bangkok after that got my sense of geography scrambled like an egg in no time.

I was one of the few people dressed up for the evening, I suppose never wearing a suit to work finally got to me so I decided to put on the sleaziest looking suit I had. And some "CHiPs" shades to top off my cheap hitman impersonation.

The karaoke concept of the night didn't really take off and being a karaoke convert myself (after Asia) I actually think we should do it again! (maybe in a more laidback/private place instead of a joint on the Zeedijk). I am sure there's closet case karaoke stars among us and I think you should come out! There's nothing to be ashamed of, in some countries it's perfectly normal to love karaoke, really!!

PS: I "borrowed" a few pics for this entry as I hadn't brought my camera, anyone who feels his/her copyright violated let me know
Africancrab says:
The Karaoke did not happen, but it was just fun doing what we did. Great blog:)
Posted on: Mar 01, 2009
manuel_s says:
Absolutely, we need to do this all over again! :) Karaoke is a thing of beauty!
Posted on: Feb 23, 2009
Lilliana77 says:
I was seriously expecting a REAL Karaoke thing, as even here in Lima ppl have started to love to attend to Karaoke's.
There should definitely be another one, but a REAL STUFF!! LOL

However, we all had a great time!
Posted on: Feb 17, 2009