Meet back-up again with Grant

Kilgore Travel Blog

Me and Mikal

Man, it seems like it was just yesterday that Grant, rogers10, and I met in person. This was the third time we had gotten together to hang out. That’s pretty amazing considering he lives in WA and me in Texas.

Mikal and I have really become pretty good friends since we first met on line last year. It seems as though we talk all the time on the phone sharing stories of triumph and sometimes even defeat. We even get to talk about the great food we may have experienced that day. You would think it would get boring, but no.

We arrange to meet down in Oregon last month.

Mikal and his car in the driveway
I was on my trip to CA enjoying being at home, and decided that we would meet up in Salem, OR. That was a great time of hanging out and enjoying each other again. We had a chance to eat a pretty good restaurant called McGrath’s Seafood House. You can read my review.  When we get together and hang out, we like laughing, enjoying a nice bottle of wine and listening to some great music. I knew he had good taste in many things including his friends, but his music was off the chain; I think that how the young people say it. That evening of laughter, and great wine began to turn into morning and so we thought it might be a good idea to catch a few Z’s before we hit the road back to our respective places of residence at that time.

Last weekend, Mikal and his friend Tim would drive from WA to LA and stop in to visit for a couple of hours before he got to see his family in LA. That Sat morning, July 4th would be another great meet up. We cooked some steaks and had a nice glass of wine, yeah who cares that it was only about 10am because it was dinner time somewhere in the world, right? Mikal and Tim had driven straight for over 40hrs and so I know they were a little tired, but we got to hang out for a little while. Mikal will come back to Kilgore in a few days and we will have another chance to hang out, share some stories, eat some food and just relax. I am really grateful for Travbuddy because these kinds of friendship don’t just come along everyday.

Mikal after his 40t hour drive