Exploring Prague

Prague Travel Blog

We didn't waste time Saturday morning...Sal had to catch a train around 6 tonight, so we had lots to see and do. Our first order of business was taking advantage of the free breakfast buffet. And then it was time to do our bus/tram thing into old town Prague. The worse part of the whole deal was waiting outside the hotel at the bus stop. It came about every 30 minutes, and it seemed we were always there for the entire wait. Did I mention it was verrrrrry cold???

After roaming around the streets of Prague, we had lunch at Eva's again and visited more with her. Mike (MikeVirgo) also joined us. Mike wasn'tfeeling too well, though. Must have been all the partying at the NYE meetup! lol

After lunch and saying our goodbyes to Eva and Mike, Sal and I headed for St.

Charles Bridge and the Castle. As cold as it was I couldn't believe all the tourists who were there! The Castle was very impressive, and of course we took our obligatory pictures with the Castle guard who stood like a stone statue. Before we knew it, out time was up. We had to get Sal back to the hotel so he could catch his ride to the train station for his trip to Franfurt. We didn't have a minute to spare, either. By the time his taxi arrived at the hotel he had about 15 minutes before the train left.

So after I said goodbye to Sal, I was all alone. It seemed very strange because up until now I had been with at least one person, and usually with a large group. I spent the better part of the night in the hotel bar, drinking some Bailey's and writing more postcards. When I finally went to the room, I looked out the window and it was snowing!

Our hotel room