2009 is here and we're all still afloat!!!

Amsterdam Travel Blog

The NYE meetup was a complete success. We didn't clear out the boat until nearly 5 in the morning. Thursday would be my last full day in Amsterdam since I would be leaving for Prague early Friday morning. That said, I knew I would have to sleep in but I also didn't want to waste the entire day sleeping. We still had some sightseeing to do...the famous IAMSTERDAM sign and the Red Light District....also saying goodbye to some people who were leaving and spending time with others who I might not see again for a long time.  Around noon a few of us gathered at the hotel and then made our first stop at the Pancake Corner for brunch. The one thing I'll never forget about this meal was the fact that 4 people at a table behind us were passing around a joint and smoking it in public. It just seemed so strange, and yet it was illegal to smoke cigarettes. Go figure.

After brunch we found the sign and took several pictures, then made our way through the Red Light District. We had already been here a couple of nights before, but now we were seeing it in the daylight. Our evening plans were put together by Wendy, where we ate at Humphrey's restaurant with several TBs, including Keiko. That was a total surprise because I had not met her yet. We had a great evening eating and socializing.

Our final event for the night was meeting back at the hotel and finishing out the night with some light partying/socializing. Well, maybe it wasn't too light! Just ask Sal! haha

Amsterdam