AsiaJapanKyoto

Kyoto: Temples, Kinkaku-ji and Geisha-hunting

Kyoto Travel Blog

Kyoto

I woke up exhausted and dehydrated. What else is new?

Bought some food. Walked to Gion District. Hmmm... cute, but no geishas - yet.

Fell asleep on the metro train and ended up around the northern part of Kyoto. Lots of trees and parks. Okay. Kyoto is a very GREEN city.

Walked down and visited some community temples. Lots of temples every 4 blocks. Crazy. After two temples, I was done with temples.

Finally arrived to see one of the things I wanted to see in Kyoto. The Kinkaku-ji is the Golden Pavilion. It is gold - even if it wasn't originally so. Sure are a lot of kids. Field trip. Snap. Snap. Photo taken. Kinkaku-ji is now crossed off the 'Things to see in Kyoto list'.

Walked around Kyoto Tower and more temples.

Kyoto
Sick of temples already. Feet starting to get tired so decided to walk back to the hostel. Took me 45 minutes. Now even more TIRED!

On the walk back, only 2 blocks from the hostel - I saw some geishas! Awesome! They were waiting for a cab on a corner street. Geishas. Check.

Met up with hostel friends for dinner. Surprise! Richard and Elisabet from TB found me! Just when we were to leave the hostel, too! I thought we'd never meet up because I never heard of them and they apparently had my number written wrong. Phew!

Dinner~! I had hotpot and ika. I love Christina's tofu and mushrooms. Yummy. Kelly had sushi. Richard and Elisabet ordered something fancy that came in a box - very nicely presented. With a drawer and everything~!

Then to Jamaican bar in Kyoto? Small space. Great bartenders.  Jamaican lager. Uber adorable Japanese DJ playing reggae music. He was smiling the whole time. Then, there were the old Japanese men who tried to talk to Christina, Elisabet and Kelly. Hahaha... creepy! Richard just stood with a smirk. Tsk. tsk. tsk.

And oh, saw a couple more geishas! Double awesome! Said goodbyes to the girls. Will see Richard and Elisabet the next night for dinner with TBs.

I'm off to Osaka in the morning!

photo by: ys484