Sightseeing the Frozen Tundra

Green Bay Travel Blog

Lambeau Field - NFL's crown jewel

Sightseeing the Frozen Tundra

After surviving New Year’s Eve, Elle (sweetsummerdaiz) took Ellen (livinlaughin) and me on a sightseeing tour of the greater Green Bay area.

During our trek around town, I saw several interesting sights and discovered many fascinating things. Our daytime excursion allowed us to explore recently restored Meyer Theatre, Captain’s Walk Winery, Brown County Courthouse, Minahan Tomb (died on Titanic), marvelous mansions on Fox River, Brett Favre’s Steakhouse, Don Hutson Green Bay Packer practice facility and the Resch Center.

In Green Bay, eventually all road lead to Lambeau Field, the home of the Green Bay Packers and the Crown Jewel of the National Football League.

www.

lambeaufield.com

Lambeau Field was built in 1957. After undergoing a dramatic facelift in 2003, it has been transformed from a football stadium that fans could use only 10 days a year to a year-round tourist destination with a host of new amenities and attractions.

Featuring a true retro-look, the glorious tradition and history of the Packers is carried forward in the "like-new" Lambeau Field with its heart -- the original seating bowl -- saved.

We visited the Lambeau Field Atrium, located on the stadium's east side. The Atrium is home to the Packers Pro Shop, Packers Hall of Fame, Curly's Pub and other dining, entertainment and retail establishments.

Elle then drove us across the street to another Green Bay landmark, Kroll’s West Restaurant.

www.krollswest.com

Kroll’s West is a family-owned business that started over 70 years in 1936. The famous Kroll's Butter Burger Hamburger was born here. The restaurant moved to its current location, just west of Lambeau Field, in 1974.

I ordered an original Kroll’s Cheeseburger and whipped potatoes with double butter (when in Wisconsin, do as the natives do).

I'm a happy camper at Kroll's West
Elle assured me that there are no more calories in this meal than in a normal tossed salad. J

Green Bay received a record 43+ inches of snow in December 2008. As snow continued to fall this first day of 2009 and Ellen had to drive back to Oshkosh, we decided to “PACK” it in and call it a day. I thoroughly enjoyed my two days in Green Bay and look forward to returning soon; hopefully when it is GREENer and warmer.

Africancrab says:
Ha-ha! lovely as always Mark
Posted on: Jul 28, 2009
homeres says:
ha i havent been there in about 10 years...did u hear them Green Bayers talk about 'Stop and Go lights?!; lol
Posted on: Jan 06, 2009